Friday, July 27, 2007

Psalm 91 w/ Journalin'

Note- IF this e-mail is at all encrypted and is unreadable, scroll down to the end of the passage and click on the underlined blue words "Lena's Discipleship Journalin' For Today ", this will take you straight to the website where you'll enjoy a readable copy
God Bless You Today, Lena B


Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from the fatal plague.
4 He will shield you with his wings. He will shelter you with his feathers. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor fear the dangers of the day,
6 nor dread the plague that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.
8 But you will see it with your eyes; you will see how the wicked are punished.
9 If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your dwelling.
11 For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you with their hands to keep you from striking your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample down lions and poisonous snakes; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
14 The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue them and honor them.
16 I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation."

Lena’s Journalin Today ~
Trust is an issue of faith, Faith is what pleases and moves God’s word to manifest in our lives. Faith is what changes circumstances and situations, faith is what moves mountains (changes even naturally impossible elemental principles in order to change things), faith is the substance of what we hope for, the evidence of what we do not yet see, it is how unseen becomes seen, heaven’s blessings come to earth’s realm.
Trust is the basis of even faith.
Question of the day for us all. How much do we put our trust in God? Do we really trust Him, or do we need to help Him out in things, make them happen, maybe before their time, or do it our own way?
Recently I knew of a person who hit rock bottom, they said I thought I trusted God, but I realize I had to set everything in my life up just so, so I’d be comfortable and have something that I deemed safe to hold onto. They said they realized trusting God meant letting all of that go! That was scary, very scary. Faith and trust are always scary to our humanness, but what awaits those to trust and rely on Him is immeasurable, beyond understanding, as this Psalm describes….
This Psalm is a list of the benefits for those who let Go and let God, those who trust and rely on Him in faith. These things do not come to people who hold the reigns of control, but to those who give God the wheel……wooooooweee…… watch out!