Thursday, July 26, 2007

Psalm 50 from yesterday w/ Journalin'

Note- IF this e-mail is at all encrypted and is unreadable, scroll down to the end of the passage and click on the underlined blue words "Lena's Discipleship Journalin' For Today ", this will take you straight to the website where you'll enjoy a readable copy
God Bless You Today, Lena B


Psalm 50
A psalm of Asaph.
1 The mighty God, the LORD, has spoken; he has summoned all humanity from east to west!
2 From Mount Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines in glorious radiance.
3 Our God approaches with the noise of thunder. Fire devours everything in his way, and a great storm rages around him.
4 Heaven and earth will be his witnesses as he judges his people:
5 "Bring my faithful people to me— those who made a covenant with me by giving sacrifices."
6 Then let the heavens proclaim his justice, for God himself will be the judge.
Interlude
7 "O my people, listen as I speak. Here are my charges against you, O Israel: I am God, your God!
8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices or the burnt offerings you constantly bring to my altar.
9 But I want no more bulls from your barns; I want no more goats from your pens.
10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 Every bird of the mountains and all the animals of the field belong to me.
12 If I were hungry, I would not mention it to you, for all the world is mine and everything in it.
13 I don't need the bulls you sacrifice; I don't need the blood of goats.
14 What I want instead is your true thanks to God; I want you to fulfill your vows to the Most High.
15 Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory."
16 But God says to the wicked: "Recite my laws no longer, and don't pretend that you obey me.
17 For you refuse my discipline and treat my laws like trash.
18 When you see a thief, you help him, and you spend your time with adulterers.
19 Your mouths are filled with wickedness, and your tongues are full of lies.
20 You sit around and slander a brother— your own mother's son.
21 While you did all this, I remained silent, and you thought I didn't care. But now I will rebuke you, listing all my charges against you.
22 Repent, all of you who ignore me, or I will tear you apart, and no one will help you.
23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God."


Lena Journals to Psalm 50
What has the Lord summonsed us for?
To Shine Him in all the earth. Wherever we live, Shine for Him. Whether at home, in the neighborhood, driving down streets, working at a job, serving in the house of God, out in the marketplaces, Shine!
As though we are His, as though we have Him on the inside - shine.
Is He the greatest sound people hear whenever they observe us? Is He great, Big, huge, or are our problems the biggest parts of our lives?
Is His voice as thunder, strong and powerful; or have we minimized Him underneath the circumstance of the moments?
Listen please, the enemy’s goal is that God be made smaller. It is each individual who chooses to magnify the Lord or not. We choose to exalt His name above other names. Ultimately it will be lifted up for all men to see how high it is, but today it is me who decides for me today, in my life, how highly exalted is He?
Do other things in our lives step aside for the presence of God, for the pursuit of His presence?
How do we become faithful to God? Are you full of faith in His words? Do you make sacrifices to be a disciple, to obey Him and live a lifestyle of purity?
What is His desire? Do we know or ask it?
The Psalmist tells those who will listen, what the desire of the Lord is….What I want instead is your true thanks to God; I want you to fulfill your vows to the Most High.
Fulfill what vows?
How about the ones we’ve said that sound like this -I love You Lord, I’ll serve You, all of my days….I confess Jesus as LORD…” Oh, those vows, oh yes, those!
"Recite my laws no longer, and don't pretend that you obey me. For you refuse my discipline and treat my laws like trash.
What do we think when we read stiff like this? Do we think Oh how sad someone has offended God? We need to think, Oh man, I may have offended God!
We need to dig deeply and repent, for the commands we do not yet obey and have not set up as a priority.
There is a difference between wilderness and promised land living. The difference starts on the inside.
It begins and ends with thankfulness in any and everything one can be thankful for.
Who is worthy of our praise? Do we praise anyone for anything at all? Can we find God in what we’re going through?
I heard a word the other day, that said, “I, the Lord, have placed you in this wine press, because I’d like some new wine made out of you!”
Wow. How could one gives thanks there? Thank You Lord for molding and changing me! Amen!