Thursday, May 26, 2005

Today Our Daily Bread Ps 4 (English & Russian)

(Lena's comments in red today throughout)
Psalm 4
1 For the choir director:
A psalm of David, to be accompanied by stringed instruments.
Answer me when I call, O God who declares me innocent.
Take away my distress.
Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
it seems like this is the prayer this person is praying to God:
2 How long will you people ruin my reputation? How long will you make these groundless accusations? How long will you pursue lies?
This sounds like the thoughts that have plagued his mind. The pain he was experiencing in life. Maybe he was even speaking to his own soul, asking himself why he would listen to any other thing than God’s word, because God’s word is the only real truth, the world offers us facts that conflict with His words and then tries to convince us that it is truth even though it may change its ideas tomorrow! God’s word does not change tomorrow, neither does his mind change because of whatever happens. It continues by saying: Stop a minute, stop the cycle of invasive thought. WAIT and take a look at the Word! (An Interlude is like a pause from one thing and the beginning of another thing inbetween).
I came across an article yesterday and have been using a suggestion they gave- when my heart or soul is becoming overwhelmed, I stop it, insisting that the thought pattern stop, like a policeman calling out "Halt". Then I take a brief moment to count to ten, in whatever creative way ya want, and then I pray in the spirit. I’m taking an interlude to clear the "air" so to speak and get my center on spiritual things of God and not natural things of this world. Notice there are 2 "Interludes" here. We need to take them as often as we need them! Even if it mean 2 a minute :-)

Interlude
3 You can be sure of this:
The LORD has set apart the godly for himself.
The LORD will answer when I call to him.
4 Don't sin by letting anger gain control over you. Think about it overnight and remain silent.
Interlude
5 Offer proper sacrifices, and trust in the LORD.
6 Many people say, "Who will show us better times?"
Let the smile of your face shine on us, LORD.
7 You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and wine.
8 I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, (You) will keep me safe.
(NLT)

~ For Olga ~
Псалтирь 4
1^^Начальнику хора. На струнных [орудиях]. Псалом Давида.^^ (4-2) Когда я взываю, услышь меня, Боже правды моей! В тесноте Ты давал мне простор. Помилуй меня и услышь молитву мою.
2(4-3) Сыны мужей! доколе слава моя будет в поругании? доколе будете любить суету и искать лжи?
3(4-4) Знайте, что Господь отделил для Себя святаго Своего; Господь слышит, когда я призываю Его.
4(4-5) Гневаясь, не согрешайте: размыслите в сердцах ваших на ложах ваших, и утишитесь;
5(4-6) приносите жертвы правды и уповайте на Господа.
6(4-7) Многие говорят: 'кто покажет нам благо?' Яви нам свет лица Твоего, Господи!
7(4-8) Ты исполнил сердце мое веселием с того времени, как у них хлеб и вино умножились.
8(4-9) Спокойно ложусь я и сплю, ибо Ты, Господи, един даешь мне жить в безопасности.

Russian Synodal Version (RSV)
Public Domain