Thursday, November 15, 2007

Psalm 92 Today

Note- IF this e-mail is at all encrypted and is unreadable, scroll down to the end of the passage and click on the underlined blue words "Lena's Discipleship Journalin' For Today ", this will take you straight to the website where you'll enjoy a readable copy
God Bless You Today, Lena B


Psalm 92
A psalm to be sung on the LORD's Day. A song.
1 It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to the Most High.
2 It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening,
3 accompanied by the harp and lute and the harmony of the lyre.
4 You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done.
5 O LORD, what great miracles you do! And how deep are your thoughts.
6 Only an ignorant person would not know this! Only a fool would not understand it.
7 Although the wicked flourish like weeds, and evildoers blossom with success, there is only eternal destruction ahead of them.
8 But you are exalted in the heavens. You, O LORD, continue forever.
9 Your enemies, LORD, will surely perish; all evildoers will be scattered.
10 But you have made me as strong as a wild bull. How refreshed I am by your power!
11 With my own eyes I have seen the downfall of my enemies; with my own ears I have heard the defeat of my wicked opponents.
12 But the godly will flourish like palm trees and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon.
13 For they are transplanted into the LORD's own house. They flourish in the courts of our God.
14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green.
15 They will declare, "The LORD is just! He is my rock! There is nothing but goodness in him!"

Lena Journals
This is ALL about the temporary verses the eternal. The natural verses the supernatural. Seeing and living in the spirit, compared to seeing only and living now in the flesh.
Do you know, and have you ever considered that you are not a human who is, as a Christian might be, having some spiritual experiences?
You do know that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, right? That after death in the earth suit, our spirit man which was already alive while we lived on earth in our earth suit bodies, goes on to “be with the Lord”?
You’ve heard of people in near death experiences say, I saw my body lying there…., right?
Let me offer you this God breathed perspective. We ARE spirit beings, having a very short in terms of eternity, earth and human experience!
That spirit that leaves the body in physical death IS alive now, meaning eternal or spiritual now. It may be eternally dead to life with God outside of Christ’s Lordship, but it can become made alive eternally or spiritually by being found in the Lordship of Christ!
So, David writes….BUT no mater what seems to be happening here, in my humanness, You are still Lord, and if I acknowledge You as such, I can exalt You anyway, no matter what it appears like, because I see beyond the blink life I now live as a mortal with a human body!
The way I live now, effects my eternity then, and what I do now and who I trust, has everything to do with my eternal set up, other than that this earth life is far too short and way too fleeting. All of that is concerning the me.
Where leading others to eternal life is concerned, the days are WAYYYY too short to help others know all of this and live as though every moment counts here for there.
I know, that now seems hard, but the hardness will ultimately pass away as my physical body will also, when that time comes. My enemies, the ones who tried to take my faith, will vanish in their power against my faith.
They weren’t so much out for my body, but through my body and my perspective, they were definitely out for my spirit using the avenues of my soul.
If I can see all of that as temporarily happening for the taking and capturing of my soul and my faith, it really becomes mere hogwash to me.
Flourish like a palm tree? What about the reports that were just given to me, bad ones?
Who are you, I ask? And to whom do you belong?
What is your life here for?
In that you may succumb or overcome?
The choice to see spiritually is ours
To believe eternally is ours, to live as spirits that are alive, is ours.
Everyone needs purpose to live.
Purpose is:
To know Him and make Him known.
That’s about it.
That’s enough. More than enough to live breathe and overcome.