Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Psalm 50 Today

Note- IF this e-mail is at all encrypted and is unreadable, scroll down to the end of the passage and click on the underlined blue words "Lena's Discipleship Journalin' For Today ", this will take you straight to the website where you'll enjoy a readable copy
God Bless You Today, Lena B


Psalm 50
A psalm of Asaph.
1 The mighty God, the LORD, has spoken; he has summoned all humanity from east to west!
2 From Mount Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines in glorious radiance.
3 Our God approaches with the noise of thunder. Fire devours everything in his way, and a great storm rages around him.
4 Heaven and earth will be his witnesses as he judges his people:
5 "Bring my faithful people to me— those who made a covenant with me by giving sacrifices."
6 Then let the heavens proclaim his justice, for God himself will be the judge.
Interlude
7 "O my people, listen as I speak. Here are my charges against you, O Israel: I am God, your God!
8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices or the burnt offerings you constantly bring to my altar.
9 But I want no more bulls from your barns; I want no more goats from your pens.
10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 Every bird of the mountains and all the animals of the field belong to me.
12 If I were hungry, I would not mention it to you, for all the world is mine and everything in it.
13 I don't need the bulls you sacrifice; I don't need the blood of goats.
14 What I want instead is your true thanks to God; I want you to fulfill your vows to the Most High.
15 Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory."
16 But God says to the wicked: "Recite my laws no longer, and don't pretend that you obey me.
17 For you refuse my discipline and treat my laws like trash.
18 When you see a thief, you help him, and you spend your time with adulterers.
19 Your mouths are filled with wickedness, and your tongues are full of lies.
20 You sit around and slander a brother— your own mother's son.
21 While you did all this, I remained silent, and you thought I didn't care. But now I will rebuke you, listing all my charges against you.
22 Repent, all of you who ignore me, or I will tear you apart, and no one will help you.
23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God."

Lena Journals Today
The summonsing of all humanity is that call with in us that we each hear form God’s spirit, to come to God as we are, and to stand before Him as He is, to face Him in all our mistakenness and be with Him in all of His gloriousness.
It is, to willingly see ourselves and compare ourselves to Him, knowing and realizing our great need to become as He is. Yes initially it is to see our lack without Him and to have a lifelong desire to live in His sight as He is.
If we’ve walked with Him at all, in any capacity, we know this is impossible without His help, without His power, yet possible to those who are willing to walk in His ways.
The obedience’s to His ways, the acknowledgment of our own ways and the repentance to make that about-face and turn towards His desired and pre planned will is what brings forth and releases the miraculous power of God within us to heal us. This is what will fill us and make us who we are designed to be in Him.
Willing obedience is the only way into His glory, both on earth and in heaven.
He says something here like: I love when you go to church and read your Bible and Pray, but I do not want you to do that because you have to, and if you find out, in willingly standing before me and presenting yourself in comparison to Me, if you find that, that is your reasoning, that you do honestly feel you have to, then cry out to Me to change your desire and by faith exercise godly discipline to change the will of your heart towards Me. I’d almost rather you don’t do the duties, if you have no plans to change your will to do them.
If you somehow were lied to and thought the duties are all you need, then I really want you to know that the duties are useless, they are not what I’m looking for. I’m looking for a heart that does what it does, because of its great love and utter appreciation of Me.
Yes, I’d love for you to regularly be in church services, regularly lifting your hands and voice in praise in the midst of a congregation that does the same. Yes, I’d love for you to make Bible Study with teachers of the Word a priority in life. I’d love for you to show Me, and live this out as a witness to your family, (especially your children) and then also the world, that My Stuff, the stuff I seem to you to require or desire, is the best stuff for you, the stuff you chose to do first and foremost.
I love it when you choose Me and time with Me and My body, the fellowship of My people, above the millions of other choices you have to make each day.
I love when you come to Me first for solutions to problems, and that you press in to My answers rather than just popping quick fixes for situations. I want you to trust Me, really wholeheartedly Trust Me, but know, that doing any of that without a want to, is sad for me, very sad.
Biggest barrier to the want to’s…….an unthankful heart.
Today, GIVE THANKS to GOD in EVERYTHING!
Amen