Saturday, August 18, 2007

Job 19 Today plus Journalin'

Note- IF this e-mail is at all encrypted and is unreadable, scroll down to the end of the passage and click on the underlined blue words "Lena's Discipleship Journalin' For Today ", this will take you straight to the website where you'll enjoy a readable copy
God Bless You Today, Lena B


Job 19Job's Sixth Speech: A Response to Bildad
1Then Job spoke again:
2"How long will you torture me? How long will you try to break me with your words? 3Ten times now you have meant to insult me. You should be ashamed of dealing with me so harshly. 4And even if I have sinned, that is my concern, not yours. 5You are trying to overcome me, using my humiliation as evidence of my sin, 6but it is God who has wronged me. I cannot defend myself, for I am like a city under siege.
7"I cry out for help, but no one hears me. I protest, but there is no justice. 8God has blocked my way and plunged my path into darkness. 9He has stripped me of my honor and removed the crown from my head. 10He has demolished me on every side, and I am finished. He has destroyed my hope. 11His fury burns against me; he counts me as an enemy. 12His troops advance. They build up roads to attack me. They camp all around my tent.
13"My relatives stay far away, and my friends have turned against me. 14My neighbors and my close friends are all gone. 15The members of my household have forgotten me. The servant girls consider me a stranger. I am like a foreigner to them. 16I call my servant, but he doesn't come; I even plead with him! 17My breath is repulsive to my wife. I am loathsome to my own family. 18Even young children despise me. When I stand to speak, they turn their backs on me. 19My close friends abhor me. Those I loved have turned against me. 20I have been reduced to skin and bones and have escaped death by the skin of my teeth.
21"Have mercy on me, my friends, have mercy, for the hand of God has struck me. 22Why must you persecute me as God does? Why aren't you satisfied with my anguish?
23"Oh, that my words could be written. Oh, that they could be inscribed on a monument, 24carved with an iron chisel and filled with lead, engraved forever in the rock.
25"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he will stand upon the earth at last. 26And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God F18 ! 27I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!
28"How dare you go on persecuting me, saying, 'It's his own fault'? 29I warn you, you yourselves are in danger of punishment for your attitude. Then you will know that there is judgment."
FOOTNOTES:
F18: Or without my body I will see God.



Lena Journals to Job 19
How much do we trust God?
Really, how much?
Like when ever things do not go as we desire, when we feel forsaken, even by the blessings of His spirit, do we trust Him? If we felt we had no blessings, no friends, no material goods, no happiness in this world, would we still love God in return?
Many of us might think right now, why would we? Of course not, why would someone love a God like that? He doesn’t deserve it!
Oh wow, I guess deserving it, is the reason to love God then?
That’s called conditional love. This is the most common love we experience in our lifetime. Someone does something to cause us to feel nice and good and loved and then we love them in return.
God’s love is without condition, and when we did not deserve it, He loved us. He still loves us no matter what.
That type of love, that loves even if there is no immediate return, is called unconditional/Covenental love. This is how the love of God operates. We see God operating with humans this way. Do we see humans operating with other humans this way? Do we see humans operating with God this way?
Job was under a test of his love, of his trust and of his faith. He was determined to see the test for what it was and pass it. He was getting on to it. There is an enemy of this love, this trust and this faith and Job was at a place of seeing and accepting that God is God and the enemy is not. He determined-said to himself in it, I’ll give God glory in this test and not give any place to what is coming against my body, soul, or spirit. He had a knowing that that which comes against the very nature of God planted on the inside of him, must be protected within him, he must keep what he first experienced when he felt His love at birth.
Job was in a warfare, just as we all are now. Same war, same fight. When one gets this they’ll get a lot and rather than battle, they’ll win!
In this warfare one must ask himself; Do I trust God? Do I have faith in His words? Do I love Him in return, no matter what happens or appears to be happening in my life? No matter what it seems to be to my human eyes and human understanding? Do I at all believe in what I do not see or understand? Do I have a faith that believes in what I do not yet see or understand? Do I believe God at His word, even if nothing I see matches it, within my reasoning to prove it is true?
Though you feel as though God has cursed your life, could you still bless Him, as Job is saying he will?
Once a person has really seen God, it is enough to live even a lifetime of pain or suffering to get to another place of that sight. If you have not seen Him this way yet, press in, seek and find Him with all of your heart, pursue that vision, that encounter, that revelation, the revelation of Him.
When Job said; I will see God, in my flesh I will see Him; this is what that word “see” is defined as.

Hebrew- Chazah (khaw-zaw')
1. to see, perceive, look, behold, prophesy (say what one does not yet see, but they see the idea or plan of in the yet unseen realm), provide
a. (Qal)
1. to see, behold
2. to see as a seer in the ecstatic state (vision/”dream”)
3. to see, perceive 1a (“seeing” before physically seeing)
b. with the intelligence 1a
c. to see (by experience)
d. 1a to provide

KJV (51) - behold, 7; look, 3; prophesy, 2; provide, 1; see, 38;
NAS (50) - behold, 7; envisioned in visions, 1; gaze, 2; gloat, 1; look, 3; looked, 1; prophesy, 3; saw, 7; see, 12; seeing, 1; seen, 7; sees, 4; select, 1;

After Jesus’ resurrection from the dead, there were 2 women who loved Him who went to seek and find His body to pack it with spices for burial and preservation for the grave. They found no body in His tomb, and they found an angel who said, “He’s alive”.
After hearing this message of hope and of life, they asked others, “Have you yet seen Him, have you seen the body of the Lord?” This caused others to also seek the body of the Lord.
He is appearing to us in a new form today, in the form of a body, in His Body – the Body of Christ! We do not have to look far, and He may not appear as we’d like Him to, but we can see Him there as He is!
He also appears for us in heaven – cheering us along as we seek to see Him. He ever lives and appears for us in heaven before His and Our Father, He appears there to make intercession for us according to the will of God, in the very presence of God day and night.
No matter what appears, no matter what happens, how can we not love Him?
We love Him, because (we have been able to see) He first loved us, and gave His very own life for us.