Friday, June 15, 2007

Proverbs 4 Today's Daily Bread

Note- IF this e-mail is at all encrypted and is unreadable, scroll down to the end of the passage and click on the underlined blue words "Lena's Discipleship Journalin' For Today ", this will take you straight to the website where you'll enjoy a readable copy
God Bless You Today, Lena B
Proverbs 4
A Father's Wise Advice
1My children, F6 listen to me. Listen to your father's instruction. Pay attention and grow wise, 2for I am giving you good guidance. Don't turn away from my teaching. 3For I, too, was once my father's son, tenderly loved by my mother as an only child.
4My father told me, "Take my words to heart. Follow my instructions and you will live. 5Learn to be wise, and develop good judgment. Don't forget or turn away from my words. 6Don't turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you. 7Getting wisdom is the most important thing you can do! And whatever else you do, get good judgment. 8If you prize wisdom, she will exalt you. Embrace her and she will honor you. 9She will place a lovely wreath on your head; she will present you with a beautiful crown."
10My child, F7 listen to me and do as I say, and you will have a long, good life. 11I will teach you wisdom's ways and lead you in straight paths. 12If you live a life guided by wisdom, you won't limp or stumble as you run. 13Carry out my instructions; don't forsake them. Guard them, for they will lead you to a fulfilled life.
14Do not do as the wicked do or follow the path of evildoers. 15Avoid their haunts. Turn away and go somewhere else, 16for evil people cannot sleep until they have done their evil deed for the day. They cannot rest unless they have caused someone to stumble. 17They eat wickedness and drink violence!
18The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. 19But the way of the wicked is like complete darkness. Those who follow it have no idea what they are stumbling over.
20Pay attention, my child, to what I say. Listen carefully. 21Don't lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart, 22for they bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning.
23Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do. F8
24Avoid all perverse talk; stay far from corrupt speech.
25Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. 26Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. 27Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.
FOOTNOTES:
F6: Hebrew My sons.
F7: Hebrew My son; also in 4:20.
F8: Hebrew for from it flow the springs of life.