Monday, April 02, 2007

Studyin' Isaiah 55 w/ Lena's Journalin' Hungry? Thirsty? For what is really satisfying? Come Eat and Drink Today!

What is the food offered for the nourishment of each of us from our spiritual Father?
It says come to Me with your ears open and be listening. In that, there will be food for life.
Let’s look up the Hebrew word to see what was meant when this was written:
to hear, listen to, obey, announce, announced, announces, completely, comprehends, diligently, discern, disregarded, gave heed, give earnest heed, given heed, hear, heard, heard for certain, hearing, hears, heed, heeded, indeed obey, keep on listening, listen, listen attentively, listen carefully, listen closely, listen obediently, listened, listening, listens, loud-sounding, made a proclamation, make his heard, make their heard, make them known, make themselves heard, make your heard, obedient, obey, obeyed, obeying, obeys, overheard, pay heed, proclaim, proclaimed, proclaims, reported, sang, show, sound, sounded, summon, summoned, surely hear, surely heard, truly obey, understand, understanding, understood, witness…
In Hebrew, to listen and to obey are one in the same word, there is no separation of it’s definition. If a person said, “I heard you”, they were on their way to at least putting what they said they’d heard, on today’s “To Do” list. If they did not plan to do it, or to put it into practice, or make a plan to include the action as a new part of their day’s accomplishments, then they would not say, “I heard you.” Hearing and doing, in God’s eyes, are the same.
He has food for us, hearing His word with the intent and follow through of bringing our lives in line with His word, alone will bring the fulfillment in life we are all looking to be satisfied with.
Are you hungry, or thirsty? Eat and drink of doing the will of God! Only the doing of God’s will, will ever satisfy us. Notice man seems to never really be satisfied? There are offers all day long to be satisfied in this or in that, yet not one of the offers brings one the satisfaction they long for. By Design, He is the only way to satisfaction. Our lives given over to His will satisfies as no other ever will.
The word repent means - turn. Turn and go a different way than you’d previously thought to walk.
“Oh man, thanks for showing me I was headed the wrong way and can’t get to the place of true satisfaction or divine destiny if I’d have stayed on this path! I repent, change paths, and will now get on the better road.”
Our thinking processes are the most needful to repent in.
Pride is enemy #1 to living a repentant life. Pride wants to be right, everyday and all the time. Pride does not want anyone telling me I’m on a path that will never lead to a life of doing My Father’s will. It would rather be right than to do the will of another. It rarely ever admits a possible wrong decision. It is perishing in its wrongs, mostly wrong thoughts. If we change our ways, pride is put underfoot. That is way too excruciating a thought for pride. Pride has to keep us #1 above GOD being #1. It loves to rule humans. It isn’t even that interested in forgiveness, in fact it believes it doesn’t need forgiveness, it is doing pretty well on its own thank you.
Humility says, I just might have a few of my thought steering me in a wrong direction, along a wrong pathway. Man, if I have any thoughts that are incorrect I want to be correctable and I’d like to be shown a more perfect path. I’ll repent, on any given day, at any given time, and I’d love for someone to love and care for my life enough to show me if I’m off. If any of my thoughts are not as God’s are, I’d like to see what His are, so I can change and follow after His will, which is the only thing that can satisfy me in this life.
I need heaven’s perspective to invade my naturally minded tendencies and possible wrong perspective each and every day. I want to be a messenger for His word and will, making it as clear for others as I’d like it to be clear for me, to walk humbly along His straight paths.
If ever I’m incorrect, He is great and great enough to correct me as I allow correction and He will restore whatever areas I may have given the enemy place, through disobedient actions and wrong decisions made. Oh for the grace and mercy of God.
There is always grace to change. Always.
There’s always mercy on the repentant soul.
The soul that sins, without repentance, must die.
Pride will lead one straight to destruction and haughtiness will take one to a fall.
Do not abuse the grace and mercy of God. It is overwhelmingly available to those who desire it with repentant hearts and following actions.