Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lena's Journalin' to Psalm 65 Today

Don’t most of us expect God to be a keeper of His Word? Do we not expect God to do His word? Whatever we find that His Word says, don’t we at least have a high hope it will be kept? He even wants us to remind Him of His words and execute their power on our behalf!
One of the most awesome aspects of God is His word and the keeping of it, right?
We are created by God, and for God, and have been made in His own image and His own likeness. He has given us power in our words also. What is it we are saying about any parts of our world? Do we say what is, and what we see? Or do we say what we do not yet see? What we do not yet see is in the unseen world, a world yet to come into sight. Because we do not see it does not mean it is not there. Just because we do not see a baby does not mean the baby is not alive and developing within the mother’s womb, right? Right. This is the exact same condition of the world of faith we do not yet see.
If we get whatever we say, as though our words had creative power (and by the way, we ARE getting what we have been saying, creating the world in which we are presently living in –which could be a world of havoc- …Example: you are speaking about someone who bothers you, “Man, they always do that, no matter what I do or say they won’t ever stop bothering me, I can’t believe how unfair they are, etc, etc….) So now may I ask you, is that what you desire to be happening? Is that what kind of world we desire to live in?
When God desired a sun to shine and stars to be placed in the sky, and birds to fly in the air, He said so, even though He had not physically seen them yet. He spoke and it was so. So , IF our words are that powerful (which they are), IF we can have what we speak (which we do- even if the words stay in process time for a bit), If we get what we speak, would we not say what it is we really desire?
God is so a God of His Word. He and His Word as One, God and the Word One. He is that way and thinks that way. So whenever we speak He believes what we say, we also mean, for He does not say what He does not mean. So , if I say “I’m Born Again, I Surrender to God, I am living a new life, or I am filled with His Spirit, and I am a Christian”, then He is waiting for the proper corresponding proof to happen in the form of actions.
Do we, have we kept our words with God? Have we fulfilled our original vows to Him?
If not, why not?
The cost has been weighed out, Yes it is a high price to pay to give your whole life and every day of it to the kingdom of God, but the price not to is far greater. Ok true we did count the cost, but that doesn’t really matter for now we know it better than we did, it is now the time to pay what we owe God, a life lived for Him today and tomorrow and forever.
I was teaching a class and the lesson stated that we do not contest God for the contesting was over when we gave our hearts and lives to Him, so whenever we hear His word taught to us, expounded to us, it is not to see if the word being preached is correct and fits into our lives or to compare it with our understanding and try to conform the word to our lives to see if it’ll work for us specifically. The word works, period. It may not be at work for us, if we reason it out and won’t do it! Whenever we listen to, read or study the word, it is not to see if we agree with God or not, it is simply to learn, as a disciple would. No contest, He won, now I learn how He wants me to live, period. If I find I’m not, or have not been living that way, this is why I make an immediate adjustment. I see my old ways were contesting His ways, now that I’ve surrendered, there’s no contest, just surrender! Continual surrender, every time I find I was not doing His word now, I adjust and head towards doing it. I said that I surrendered all, not just all I desire to surrender, I said I surrender ALL.
Let’s go here again, for we can never go here often enough.
God loves you! That is over, will never ever change, ever!
You can never ever do anything to separate His love from your life, ever!
What you do or do not do in agreement with His word and His ways has everything to do with how much rain falls on what it is you work for or sow into the ground of this earth. Obedience opens windows and doors of blessing.
If we contest God, He wins. If we surrender, we win with Him!
That is pretty simple.
Want the blessing of the Lord in everything you do? Live as He is teaching you to through every avenue He’s provided for you, day in and out. Do life here His way, forget the contests. It is where the struggle lies. The flesh nature wars against the spirit nature of God. Surrender ALL to Him. Surrender ALL to His ways. Learn of Him, lay down your own ideas and pick up His dreams and become a messenger, a runner of His visions for the earth wherever you live! Dive deeply into the river of God and float on the current of no contest. Seriously, He is raining down his blessings, and those in the position of surrender receive them with whole hearts, those who do not, have not given up yet.
Go beyond reason today. Reason has warred against the blessing of God for you that will be ignited and engaged through faith!
Faith pleases God and moves you into a place where God’s blessings rain on you! Get under the rain. He made it for you, has always wanted you to live under it.