Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Lena's Discipleship Journalin to Hebrews 1

“Through the Son”- that means there’s a reason the promises do not stop there. They start there, go on from there. “Through” means from one to another dependant upon another. It’s a reference point. God in heaven, Son on earth for a time for those on earth to continue as He is and was an example of.
Where is He now and why? He came from God to earth for a purpose and left going back to God for a purpose and with a purpose. We have to get it, and live it, as reproducible models for those who will see and believe after us, when we go on later also.
Do you realize you are an eternal spirit being? You were with God. Even if only an idea in His heart we were with Him where He is in eternity. We also came to earth for a time as Jesus did, with a purpose. If we know and engage in that purpose, God is glorified THROUGH us. If we never know, we perish for not knowing. We’ve got to know HIM #1 and in Him we will find our purpose. After we leave our posts here we’ll also be with Him (if we received Jesus), seated with Him where He is in the eternal life realm. Those who do not know Him or will not know Him will eternally be separated from Him at that time, eternally dead without Christ.
Angels are messengers of the message of the One way to eternal life in Him forever.
We do not worship the messengers, we worship who they point to. We are also messengers if we so choose to carry Him to our world, which is our co-mission while we are here.
Yes, Angels are messengers. Ever hear, “He’s such an angel”? This just means he’s used by God, and for God, to do something THROUGH him. Are you a messenger? A conduit? A vessel of and for the honor of His name and His work while you are here on earth? Just as Jesus came for a purpose, so did we. We have purpose, and it is not our own purposes we are here to fulfill, or have God fulfill for us. It is His great purposes we serve in whatever time frame we are here to do the work He sent us to do. That’s what the importance or tragedy of a lifespan is about.
Some day we each hope to hear, “Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter the (true) joy of the Lord”, eternally.
Are you a messenger? A friend, or maybe a son of God? To His sons He speaks differently. How He speaks and what He is allotted to say to us shows who we are at what point in growth. There’s always room for further improvement, further maturity and growth.
Do you love what’s right and hate what’s wrong? Lemme explain in a detail so you won’t miss any of the meaning. Loving what is right would be loving who and what He loves. Hating what’s wrong means I despise even the appearance of evil so much that I WILL NOT participate in it, even in secret. It does not mean I can see clearly and point out a myriad of the faults of others. It means I don’t misjudge, I love the unlovely on purpose, I’m flexible. If I think one way and I’m corrected I change my thought-life. It means if I have a chance to be greedy I won’t. I choose what’s right for me. If the speed limit sign says max 70, I max 70. I do, because I choose to, because I love Him enough to set up self governors around my own life and follow them as though they were His very own voice speaking. I don’t have to be told what to do by someone else. I’m not rebellious against authority. I love what is right, authority is set up around me to help me choose right. When I could say an evil against someone I won’t, on purpose. The d’evil would love for us to think loving right means we see evil all around and won’t be friends with people who choose it.
Oh my Lord, forgive us of shallow thinking and help us lead them into your godly circle by our inviting and loving example, help us show them our holy life! (the reason I wrote d’evil that way is to show d’ = god of, evil = evil. Devil = god of evil, cool huh?)
Whenever I meet someone I believe it is a Divine appointment, because I’ve asked God to bring people across my pathway that need Him. When they meet me, I believe if they and I become friends they will begin to be surrounded with a bubble of sorts, a bubble of grace to be led to Christ. I believe the angelic messengers will begin to guard them, keep them, and surround them, for they are engaged in a destiny (root word - destination) to receive Christ. If they do not believe or receive Him I have seen many a time before that very bubble of grace lift after awhile. The Holy Spirit is gentle, He knocks, He prods gently. If humans reject Him He leaves them and so do the angelic messengers, they go on to another assignment.
Whenever we meet someone and begin to pray for them I never worry that they’ll die when in that grace time, ever. I believe their life is preserved with purpose for the purpose of receiving Christ. Once they do receive Christ, then they can engage themselves in the governing of His word and fellowship, which brings them into a whole new level of protection and the preservation of purpose. Once they are saved they are now very valuable as kingdom messengers who will lead others to Him.