Friday, September 22, 2006

Psalm 118 U in?

Scripture selections are taken from the Rock Church Daily Bread Reading schedule for each month. “Lena’s Journalin’” are Lena’s comments on the specific passages from her Daily Journal.

If the e-mail text you receive is encrypted at all, just scroll down to the end of all of the text and click on Lena’s Journalin’ , which will take you directly to the web-page where you will be able to read the text quite clearly in it’s purposed form.

Psalm 118:1-29 -
1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
2 Let the congregation of Israel repeat: "His faithful love endures forever."
3 Let Aaron's descendants, the priests, repeat : "His faithful love endures forever."
4 Let all who fear the LORD repeat: "His faithful love endures forever."
5 In my distress I prayed to the LORD, and the LORD answered me and rescued me.
6 The LORD is for me, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
7 Yes, the LORD is for me; he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me.
8 It is better to trust the LORD than to put confidence in people.
9 It is better to trust the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
10 Though hostile nations surrounded me, I destroyed them all in the name of the LORD.
11 Yes, they surrounded and attacked me, but I destroyed them all in the name of the LORD.
12 They swarmed around me like bees; they blazed against me like a roaring flame. But I destroyed them all in the name of the LORD.
13 You did your best to kill me, O my enemy, but the LORD helped me.
14 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my victory.
15 Songs of joy and victory are sung in the camp of the godly. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things!
16 The strong right arm of the LORD is raised in triumph. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things!
17 I will not die, but I will live to tell what the LORD has done.
18 The LORD has punished me severely, but he has not handed me over to death.
19 Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the LORD.
20 Those gates lead to the presence of the LORD, and the godly enter there.
21 I thank you for answering my prayer and saving me!
22 The stone rejected by the builders has now become the cornerstone.
23 This is the LORD's doing, and it is marvelous to see.
24 This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Please, LORD, please save us. Please, LORD, please give us success.
26 Bless the one who comes in the name of the LORD. We bless you from the house of the LORD.
27 The LORD is God, shining upon us. Bring forward the sacrifice and put it on the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you!
29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

Copyright Statement: Holy Bible, The New Living Translation

~ Lena’s Journalin’~
Each person on earth is on a search to find himself. In his search, he will come to a place where he
is at the end of himself and hopefully there he will find who he can only be found in and that is Christ Jesus. For Jesus is The One who is The Way to the Father God, The Creator of heaven and earth.
The sooner we submit our lives to this venture, this purposeful living, the sooner we can “get this show on the road”, so to speak.
There is a Divine orchestration taking place even now, and God is looking to recruit willing cast members. Those who join the company of worshipers will have a “job” or a “position” for life! Once a part of this “act” we become a part of much more than a team of workers, we become members of the family of purpose for the earth.
We each have a “part” to “play” and each and every part is a leading role. We can sit and watch it happen, watch others join the cast or crew or just wait to see if it’ll even come together first, or we can get off our duffs, set the stage, join the choir and get this thing moving, believing “the show must go on”! If there are participants, a cast and a crew, there is a show, if not, there is not. If no one tries out, or commits to the work, there will be no beginning middle or end.
The earth is God’s stage. We are a vital part of His “play”.
Who am I that you are mindful of me? Who am I that you need me to help You do the work of bringing forth eternal purposes in the earth? Who am I that You cannot do this thing without me? I am made in Your image and likeness. I am Your friend, Your servant, Your “son”. I allow You to have a body to work through in the earth. I give You more places to be at once in physical form. I make Your voice to be heard in many earthly languages. I echo Your words of life where death has greatly threatened that no one else see these things. I’m a Kingdom Ambassador for the Lord Jesus Christ. I have been given the signet ring of the King of kings. I give account to the Majesty of heaven and earth who has assigned me to proclaim His will and carry out His edicts! I resound His praise everywhere I go. I let God arise and participate in agreement with His spirit in the earth to let every enemy of my soul, and of the souls of saved and of unsaved men, and I actually require the very enemies of my Master to reverence Him and bow the knee. I chose to serve Him when I could so easily serve them instead. When I could be taking the easier road, I choose this one instead, because I know the author of purpose, I see what He wants to do and I put myself on the scene to help bring it accomplishment.
I’m in every act, 1,2,3,4,5,6- every one I choose to be in, until the end.
There’s a count down, are you ready to come into the scene too? Join the act? Come into the greater purpose of God? It’s time, you’re up.
5,4,3,2,1 Shoot!

Daily Recital Verses -
Psalms 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Prov 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.