Friday, February 24, 2006

Today Our Daily Bread Isa 12 ++

Scripture selections are taken from the Rock Church Daily Bread Reading schedule for each month. “Lena’s Journalin’” are Lena’s comments on the specific passages from her Daily Journal.

If the e-mail text you receive is encrypted at all, just scroll down to the end of all of the text and click on Lena’s Journalin’ , which will take you directly to the web-page where you will be able to read the text quite clearly in it’s purposed form.

~Lena’s Journalin’ Today~
Today, being that the passage was only 6 verses long, I decided to post it in several translations to show comparison and how even reading the same passages more than one time or saying it another way can help us better se what is being said to us personally.
Ever felt God’s displeasure with your life, choices you’ve made and places your choices have brought you to? I’m in a time like that right now, and I could stay here and dwell on wrongs, displeasure disappointment or I can make a right choice and see it and use it to lead me away from it and on to greater areas of the rule of Christ in my life.
Yeah maybe God was angry, but it is only because His love for us is so great, that he desires all that is good for our lives. In Him is the only place to find true peace. Most of us search for that peace in relationships with other people, and after awhile we find that the peace we really need can never ever come from any person on earth, and we must go deep into the heart of God. It’s funny, because we can’t get the eternal satisfaction we really need from people, but we also are not to live separated from them, and even all of the hurts they may cause us. That seems backwards at times, doesn’t it? The thing is if we’ve gotten to a place in God where we are confident in His peace and he is the sole source of that peace, what can man do to me, because without God, if a man fails me I have no place to go, but with God, if man fails me, I just go where I always go, to the Rock of my salvation, to My Father God, to m Divine Daddy & to His Son Jesus. Really what can man do to us? “Kill” us? If we don’t have Christ that would be tragic, because our lives would be spent, all the way, the best years of our lives would have been on earth, where if we are in Christ, if men were to “kill” us, where would we be, but with our Father. I feel such a fear when I think of people living only for satisfaction of getting through what makes one happy today, because if they are not living for God looking at eternal wellness they may in their supposed “happiness” be reaching into the wrong “hat” to pull out their eternal destiny. Sometime even sin satisfies us for a time, gives us a sense of peace and a rest from the call for needed change. That peace is Not the peace of God, beware of a wolf in sheep’s clothes, he’s out for your eternal soul in the name of relief!
How do we give praise to God? Songs? Yes, Hymn’s? Yes, Life? Love? Obedience in living righteously? Yes! Give God the praise, don’t give praise to God’s enemies, the enemies of our souls.
Anyway,
Here are the comparative words fro the day.
Love U, Lena

Isaiah 12:1-6 Multi Translations (for comparison and the example of the opening of the door of the word for greater insight)

New Life Bible
You will say on that day, "I will give thanks to You, O Lord. Even though You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away and You comfort me.
See, God saves me. I will trust and not be afraid. For the Lord God is my strength and song. And He has become the One Who saves me."
As water from a well brings joy to the thirsty, so people have joy when He saves them. In that day you will say, "Give thanks to the Lord. Call on His name. Make known His works among the people. Help them remember that His name is honored."
Sing praises to the Lord, for He has done great things. Let this be known in all the earth. Call out and sing for joy, O people of Zion. For the Holy One of Israel is great among you.

The Amplified Bible
AND IN that day you will say, I will give thanks to You, O Lord; for though You were angry with me, Your anger has turned away, and You comfort me.
Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and song; yes, He has become my salvation.
Therefore with joy will you draw water from the wells of salvation.
And in that day you will say, Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name and by means of His name [in solemn entreaty]; declare and make known His deeds among the peoples of the earth, proclaim that His name is exalted!
Sing praises to the Lord, for He has done excellent things [gloriously]; let this be made known to all the earth. Cry aloud and shout joyfully, you women and inhabitants of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.
The New American Standard Bible
Praise the LORD in song, for He has done excellent things; Let this be known throughout the earth. And in that day you will say, "Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples; Make them remember that His name is exalted." Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation. "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."
Then you will say on that day, "I will give thanks to You, O LORD; For although You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, And You comfort me.
Cry aloud and shout for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, For great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.
THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language
"Yes, indeed--God is my salvation. I trust, I won't be afraid. GOD-yes GOD!-is my strength and song, best of all, my salvation!" And you will say in that day, "I thank you, GOD. You were angry but your anger wasn't forever. You withdrew your anger and moved in and comforted me.
Joyfully you'll pull up buckets of water from the wells of salvation.
And as you do it, you'll say, "Give thanks to GOD. Call out his name. Ask him anything! Shout to the nations, tell them what he's done, spread the news of his great reputation!
"Sing praise-songs to GOD. He's done it all! Let the whole earth know what he's done! Raise the roof! Sing your hearts out, O Zion! The Greatest lives among you: The Holy of Israel."
GOD'S WORD
At that time you will say, "I will praise you, O LORD. Although you had been angry with me, you turned your anger away from me, and you comforted me. Look! God is my Savior. I am confident and unafraid, because the LORD is my strength and my song. He is my Savior."
At that time you will say, "Praise the LORD. Call on his name. Make his deeds known among the nations. Make them remember that his name is highly honored. Make music to praise the LORD. He has done wonderful things. Let this be known throughout the earth. Shout loudly, and sing with joy, people of Zion! The Holy One of Israel is great. He is among you."

The King James Version (Authorized)
And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

The New King James Version
And in that day you will say: "O LORD, I will praise You; Though You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me. Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; "For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation."'
Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation. And in that day you will say: "Praise the LORD, call upon His name; Declare His deeds among the peoples, Make mention that His name is exalted.
Sing to the LORD, For He has done excellent things; This is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion, For great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!"
The Holy Bible, New International Version®
In that day you will say: "I will praise you, O LORD. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."


Proverbs 27:17-19
17 You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another. 18 If you care for your orchard, you'll enjoy its fruit; if you honor your boss, you'll be honored.
19 Just as water mirrors your face, so your face mirrors your heart.
Psalm 122:1
1 When they said, "Let's go to the house of God," my heart leaped for joy.