Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Lena's Comments on Mar 1 Daily Bread

Mt 4:17 I think this means whatever He was preaching before to bring them towards seeing God’s kingdom, was not of the highest importance, because it was time to establish the kingdom. What is the kingdom? A definition I know is: Royal power, kingship, dominion, rule. Not to be confused with an actual kingdom but rather the right or authority to rule over a kingdom; of the royal power of Jesus as the triumphant Messiah; of the royal power and dignity conferred on Christians in the Messiah's kingdom a kingdom, the territory subject to the rule of a king used in the N.T. to refer to the reign of the Messiah. So kingdom here to me is, that God’s ways are allowed to be practiced by my will in my own life because I’ve "married " them. I live with God and He lives with me. It is not just a visitation, but a habitation. He is my ruler and also my husband and friend. In other words he’s everything to me. I take rule because what is His is mine and I know what is His that the enemy has taken and I want to love it back as much as He does. I’m a participator in reproduction with Him, because I agree He wants and needs children. I want them too. I want to see him in others, even as when children are born naturally we see their parents in them.
Lk 8 His twelve were not observing Him to see if He was real, they were not against His destination, they were WITH Him, which is not a posture a lot of people will take with others. The enemy uses us to disagree and be against one another so he can divide and conquer. Be careful when you find yourself picking Christians apart (Christ-like ones), and ask God to show you the suggestions from this divisive spirit and as you become aware, refuse to participate on purpose! Nip his plans to divide in the "bud".
Lk 9 I see the walking stick, the traveler’s bag, the food and money and extra coat as being all that I plan in life, all I’ve made happen, all I feel I need and want, my "priorities". He is telling me that in order to give the message of His kingdom; I’ve got to leave all of this behind. It is not important to this call or this purpose. I also see it as the baggage of life I’ve carried forever, the things that keep me from diving into true everyday ministry to the lost, I can not take that old baggage along. I’ve got to drop it and trust God to provide for my needs, and the kingdom of God given through me is completely dependant upon my ability to do this or not. How were they able to take dominion and heal the sick? They themselves took dominion over themselves and let "things" go for God’s thinking and His ways, they became healed in doing so and therefore were empowered to heal and preach. Doesn’t this so make you think of how Marcellos lives?
Lk 12:22-48 I so sense the Lord’s joy in the winning of lives, that satan had meant to steal, kill and destroy from and that His children would love Him enough, and love people enough to carry this "burden" in life and pour their own lives goals and plans into His goal and plan. I feel this is His joy in serving them/us, His heart is overwhelmed, that someone was actually able to respond to the love He has for them, with action, with their full will intact, with their life. He gave His and here he’s seeing others respond by giving theirs too, in the same way He did- not My will, but Yours be done! We’ve got to start venting the results of our pain or our anger away from God and towards God’s enemy. We’ve got to take our rebellious nature and steer it away from refusing God to refusing satan. Be that heated in rebellion against the kingdom of darkness trying to invade your life, that of your family and that of others we see around us everyday. Our rebellion has been offered to the wrong god!