Saturday, February 19, 2005

THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE - Day 33

Point: I serve God by serving others.
Question: Which of the six characteristics of real servants offers the greatest challenge to me?
( Auntie ) SandPiper Responds ( if interested, see full posts at- http://fieldlilys.blogspot.com/ ), along w/ archieves of the PDL's where she and I comment on PDL daily...
These six characteristics are:
1. Real servants make themselves available to serve.
2. Real servants pay attention to needs.
3. Real servants do their best with what they have.
4. Real servants do every task with equal dedication.
5. Real servants are faithful to their ministry.
6. Real servants maintain a low profile.

WOW, what an awesome Blog post! (see http://fieldlilys.blogspot.com/ )Whew, Amen Sister! I mean, Auntie.... Go God's Girl...
I'd say my area of needed adjustment, especially mentally, is in the area of #6 - Low profile. I often wonder about the low profile thing, when it becomes an opportunity to show other disciples how to behave as a Christian servant and giver of services. BUT I know I need to work on this, serving unto God alone stuff. I've been a man pleaser, thinking the only way I'd get love was to perform, and so if I perform and maybe do it well, I'll get more love? So men must know of what I've done, right?...NOT!I know I continually have to check myself in the area of scoring. I ask myself, Lena, if no one notices at all, if no one even seems to benefit, and there is no appearant reward, would you still do this? And do it to God? My answer is usually yes. But it is a good question to ask , often. Do I walk by faith and NOT by sight? Faith IS what pleases God.