Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today Our Daily Bread Rom 16:19-20 & Provebrs 31

Romans 16:19-20 For the report of your obedience has reached to all; therefore I am rejoicing over you, but I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
YES!, you’ve obeyed. Now DON"T stop (or even pause) there, keep going on from there, to the next place of obedience, to the next level of faith, to the next place God would like to lead you to. Yes, there has been success and God Himself is pleased that progress has been made, but do not become satisfied there, nor stay there too long, There’s a work to do. If a thief was caught stealing the contents of a bank vault, would the banker be happy to have found the thief? Of course he would, but would he stop there? No, he’d also want the goods. Would he be happy with ½ of the goods? Yes, but he’d also pursue the return of the other ½. God has a job for us to help Him do here, He won’t be completely satisfied until the complete work is accomplished in every heart that has the possibility to receive of Him. We also, having felt His heartbeat, should not be satisfied, till we are as He is, transformed into His image and likeness.
Proverbs 31:1-31
Speak Out for Justice
1The words of King Lemuel,the strong advice his mother gave him:
2"Oh, son of mine, what can you be thinking of!Child whom I bore! The son I dedicated to God!
3Don't dissipate your virility on fortune-hunting women,promiscuous women who shipwreck leaders.
4"Leaders can't afford to make fools of themselves,gulping wine and swilling beer,
5Lest, hung over, they don't know right from wrong,and the people who depend on them are hurt.
6Use wine and beer only as sedatives,to kill the pain and dull the ache
7Of the terminally ill,for whom life is a living death.
8"Speak up for the people who have no voice,for the rights of all the down-and-outers.
9Speak out for justice!Stand up for the poor and destitute!"
~Lena’s Journalin’~
Don’t give your strength to ones who keep taking it. What would that be like? Let’s relate it to faith or our potential relationship with God. What takes the strength I could pour into getting to know God and knowing how to love and serve Him more? How about things that daily try to fill up my life. Things that get me more money, to spend more time working, to spend more money, to wear holes in my pocket, to take more time to spend more money etc? I think this is what she’s saying to her son. So, you have a purpose to fulfill. God has made you a leader, for the purpose of establishing His kingdom on earth, for setting p individual houses that give Him more and more space to live in and give Him more and more authority and power and presence in the earth. Those houses being filled by Him, Give Him the ability to take lands for His use, etc. Don’t sway from that purpose, there is enough work and time involved in its fulfillment. If we take time and spend energies on other things, especially empty things that suck time and energy out of us, we will not have any left for the Divine assignment and purpose and will not be the one to fulfill even our portion. I wonder if any of us would be willing to chart one day in our lives and just take an honest look at it, asking ourselves before God, "In this day, how did I work as a laborer in Your harvest field to fulfill my portion of purpose?" and, "In what ways could I take a look at what I do do and change some of that to become more effective in Your work and for Your plan?" Here’s an example, Say I spend time doing crossword puzzles, every morning I do crossword puzzles. I think crossword puzzles, I relate crossword puzzles and I look for ways to fill in the blanks on the crossword puzzle. I even antisipate tomorrow’s crossword puzzle looking for answers to it, I also think about trivial things throughout my days so I may become more worldly wise to be able to more easily fill in the blanks on the next crossword puzzle. Yet, spiritually speaking and kingdom thinking-wise, I never have time to read my Daily Bread (Bible or Devotionals with a Biblical theme). I complain about being asked to set aside time to pray or attend a church meeting or a prayer meeting. I simply DO NOT have time. Or do I? Maybe I don’t want to spend my time in that way, but do I have the time? What, am I not supposed to do crosword PUZZLES? Sure you can do them, but can you do everythig? No we can't we're not made to. That is not possible in a 24 hr. day.For what or whom do I have time ? Have I given my natural life and its desires to Christ? Is he Lord, or am I trying to fit this Christianity stuff into the life I now already live? That’s what I mean about being open to evaluate a day. Gal 2:20 Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Think of this "Wife" as the church, all believers on the earth who represent Christ, who honor or dishonor Christ, who are in coenant with Christ, who name the name of Christ, This is the virtuous woman. You know "the church" is not perfected yet and has been known to have flaws, but amidst the fact that she has visible flaws, the Lord speaks this over her everytime someone reads this passge. His words have resounded for generations. His words are true, no matter what appears to be. Let’s agree with what God has said over His body, the Bride, the church, the ones He’s in covenant love with, the ones he \laid down His life for and relies on to carry out His purpose. Let’s agree with God and see beyond what has been seen. Let’s agree that whatever natural stigma has been viewed over His church be removed in this day, in this time we live in. Let’s believe God for a spotless bride who represents Him well. Please think of and count your life as a member of this church. If you’ve been AWAL or on inactive "duty" come back into active duty and honor your husbandman. The Lord Jesus Christ! You are THE CHURCH – His beloved, the apple of His eyes. You are His visible promise in the earth, the Proverbs 31 wife. (yes, that includes everyone, men and women & children alike)
Hymn to a Good Wife
10A good woman is hard to find,and worth far more than diamonds.
11Her husband trusts her without reserve,and never has reason to regret it.
12Never spiteful, she treats him generouslyall her life long.
13She shops around for the best yarns and cottons,and enjoys knitting and sewing.
14She's like a trading ship that sails to faraway placesand brings back exotic surprises.
15She's up before dawn, preparing breakfastfor her family and organizing her day.
16She looks over a field and buys it,then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden.
17First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
18She senses the worth of her work,is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.
19She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth,diligent in homemaking.
20She's quick to assist anyone in need,reaches out to help the poor.
21She doesn't worry about her family when it snows;their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear.
22She makes her own clothing,and dresses in colorful linens and silks.
23Her husband is greatly respectedwhen he deliberates with the city fathers.
24She designs gowns and sells them,brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops.
25Her clothes are well-made and elegant,and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.
26When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,and she always says it kindly.
27She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,and keeps them all busy and productive.
28Her children respect and bless her;her husband joins in with words of praise:
29"Many women have done wonderful things,but you've outclassed them all!"
30Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades.The woman to be admired and praisedis the woman who lives in the Fear-of-GOD.
31Give her everything she deserves!Festoon her life with praises!